Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Do you see the light bulb going off?

Today's outfit is actually a little old.  It was the first outfit I wore that I started thinking to myself "Maybe I should start a fashion blog for the monetary challenged".  Like most outfits, I stole the idea off Pinterest.  I do have my own, weird fashion inspiration that I can not explain, but the majority of my inspiration is thanks to Pinterest.  Pre-Pinterest I would rip out the pages of Fashion magazines and catalogues or I'd take screen shots of outfits I'd see online.  Then when I'd hit a fashion wall, I could bust out my binder of magazine scraps and my "Outfits" folder on my computer to see what I could throw together using stuff I already had.  I like to think I was "pinning" before Pinterest even existed.  My sister used to tell me it was cheating, but I just needed that little extra creativity on how to put my clothes together.

So, it all started one sunny afternoon during lunch.  My co-worker borrowed our Creative Directors camera to practice his photography, so I stopped for a moment, and told him to take a picture of my outfit, and here starts the beginning of Budget Friendly Fashionista! Now, if only I had access to that camera on a daily basis! Damnit! 

Dress-Forever 21, Spring 2011 (Similar style here)
Sweater-Target, April 2012 (Similar)
Belt-Forever 21, Spring 2011
Headband-Forever 21 (Similar in Black)
Boots-Bakers, August 2011 (Similar Pair)
Aviators-Marshall's, February 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment