Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

I'm Back =)

So I just got back from Panama City, it was essentially a Spring Break trip for everyone else, but just a short weekend get-a-way for me, since I don't get a spring break and all.  But it was nice to get some sunshine (Even though it was only mid-60's while I was there) and just have a few days off work, drinking all day and partying like I was 23 again. (I told everyone I was 23, since who want's to party with a 28 year old lady on spring break, lol) Once people found out I was 28 they called me Mom the rest of the time...story of my life since I started dating Trey when he was 22 and in college, so I went to more Frat parties than I'd like to admit.  I only took a few pics on vacation, I left my phone in the room the whole time since I didn't want to lose it. I only lost one pair of flip flops, so that is definitely a success since it's not uncommon for me to lose my phone, camera, wallet, ID and a little bit of dignity all in one night.

 A few pics of me and my friend Nikki with some of our guy friends who were down there with us.

 It was definitely chilly this day! You can see another girl down at the pool in a hoodie also.
 

Now that I'm back I'm trying to cut back on my alcohol intake, but I enjoy having a bottle glass of wine every night.  My newest thing to try and make the most of the bottle is turning it into a wine smoothie.  For this particular one I used Moscato, but I'm typically a red wine drinker. 

What You'll Need:
Blender (I use the magic bullet)
5-6oz of wine (Any kind you'd like, but I used Moscato today)
3-4oz of light cranberry juice (You could use any kind of fruit juice from orange juice to lemonade, I sometimes use crystal light as well)
3 ice cubes
3-4 frozen strawberries
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
Blend until all the ice is crushed and if it's too thick add a splash more juice or if it's too watery add one more ice cube and blend again.  It all depends on your desired consistency.
I topped it with a squeeze of lemon and garnished it with a lemon wedge to be pretty :)
And if you'd prefer it strong, by all means add more wine!



2 comments:

  1. I wen to PCB when I was in college for Spring Break one year! It was SO much fun!! So many funny and great memories!! Im glad you had a good time and only lost a pair of flip flops! My friend lost her phone in the ocean when we went, so good choice keeping it in the room!! Love the wine smoothie! I'll have to try that!!

    ClassyInAClassroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! this looks like such a great time!! I LOVE IT!! wish i could have gone!! glad youhad a great time! Looking good girl!!

    ReplyDelete