Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Farewell Old Friend...


 Yesterday I said goodbye to my Eclipse =( It was a bittersweet day, it feels good to have her sold but I loved that car so much.  We've been through a lot together in the almost 7 years that I've had her.  Trips to Florida and Myrtle Beach, numerous drives to Cincinnati and Baltimore, we've even been stranded on the side of the highway together on a trip to Nashville that never happened due to a broken timing belt.  Anytime I was feeling down, all I had to do was hop in, put the top down and cruise around with some tunes and my thoughts till everything seemed right again.  

I feel like I'm closing out a chapter of my life, the Single, Party, Cruising around with the top down, blasting Britany Spears with my girlfriends Chapter, to open up my next Chapter: Wife and Mommy.  It's somewhat exciting to get to buy a new car, a somewhat larger car, one that will fit a car seat in the back, but I'm happy with the direction my life is going.  I'm a party girl at heart, so holding on to that car was something from my past that reminded me that I'm not old yet.  But at 28 years old, it's time to let go.  And maybe when my kids are grown, I'll get another convertible ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment